If the World Ends Today, Broke Men Will Certainly Face the Harshest Judgment of All by Omoruyi Uwuigiaren
![]() |
| Omoruyi Uwuigiaren |
I recently walked into a local restaurant and found myself in the middle of a heated debate. A group of women were furiously discussing a story that had them visibly agitated: a 75-year-old man had impregnated a 19-year-old girl. They were practically shouting, spitting venom, and insisting the old man belonged in prison.
As a practical man, I initially focused on my plate. I had no obligation to interject when a hot meal of fufu was waiting to be dispatched.
After finishing every last bite and licking my fingers clean, I washed my hands, turned to the group, and flashed an exaggerated smile. "How old did you say the girl was again?"
"She’s 19," one of them replied in quick Yoruba.
I grabbed a toothpick, dislodged a stubborn piece of meat, and asked my next question: "Did the old man force himself on her?"
No," she admitted. "He used money to lure her to his house, and they slept together multiple times."
Once money entered the equation, the legal reality became clear. I cleared my throat. "Una no get case. If una carry this matter go court or police station, una go lose."
"Why?" another chimed in, outraged. "She’s only 19! He’s far too old for her. Why couldn't he find someone his own age?"
I shook my head. "Madam, under Nigerian law, a 19-year-old is an adult. If there was no coercion, then two consenting adults made a choice. There is no legal crime here. If you want to hold anyone accountable, hold the young woman responsible for her own choices."
A heavy silence fell over the table. I pulled a few Naira notes from my wallet, paid for my meal, dusted off my trousers, and walked out.
NOTE:
As men age and accumulate resources, they tend to date down in age. A man in his 40s or 50s rarely seeks out his exact peer; he is far more likely to seek younger partners. Financial stability simply acts as a force multiplier.
The modern dating landscape has shifted dramatically. Wealthy older men hold significant leverage, leaving older women and resource-scarce younger men at a distinct structural disadvantage.
Romance is increasingly tied to economic leverage. In a world driven by material reality, financial insecurity isn't just an inconvenience—it strips away options.
If the world ends today, broke men will certainly face the harshest judgment of all.
Discover exciting books and stories at h3cpublishers


Comments
Post a Comment